This course is for…
Data Protection Officers (DPO) and those requiring a more detailed knowledge to support organisational change and on-going compliance. Also suitable for risk managers, IT, human resources, legal and security specialists.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP).
- Evidence for CPD Credits.
Linked to several IISP skills groups, notably the Legislative Environment, Governance, Risk Management, Capability, and the practical aspects of preparation and on-going compliance. After completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the GDPR.
- Understand the key concepts and activities required to become GDPR compliant and implement change.
- Understand the relationship between GDPR governance, risk management and capability development.
A PDF of slides in a course manual and a copy of the GDPR is provided.
Exercises undertaken on the course to put operational context around the legislation. On completion a certificate is provided.
The practitioner course will include self-study and provide a number of practical and hands-on scenarios to apply knowledge and skills to. There is a formal, scenario based multiple choice, examination to achieve the certification and to support other professional accreditations and CPD.