This course is for…
Specialist staff in an organisation who have to work through the detailed implications of the GDPR. Also those who must execute governance; provide risk management and functional advice to boards, executive and senior managers.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP).
- Evidence for CPD Credits.
The following components are covered throughout the day
- Aims of the GDPR – summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security
- Definitions and Principles – data protection terminology and principles
- Processing, Consent and Subject Rights – how to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Data Protection by Design and by Default
- Practical Group Exercise: HR DPIA Scenario
- Next Steps Roadmap
A PDF of slides in a course manual is provided. Exercises undertaken on the course to put operational context around the legislation. On completion a certificate is provided.