The APMG International and swirl device logo is a trade mark of the APM Group Limited, used under permission of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
This course is certified in association with the National Cyber Security Centre.
This course is for…
Specialist staff in an organisation who have to work through the detailed implications of the GDPR. Also those who must execute governance; provide risk management and functional advice to boards, executive and senior managers.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP).
- Evidence for CPD Credits.
The following components are covered throughout the day
- Aims of the GDPR – summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security
- Definitions and Principles – data protection terminology and principles
- Processing, Consent and Subject Rights – how to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Data Protection by Design and by Default
- Practical Group Exercise: HR DPIA Scenario
- Next Steps Roadmap
A PDF of slides in a course manual is provided. Exercises undertaken on the course to put operational context around the legislation. On completion a certificate is provided.