The APMG International and swirl device logo is a trade mark of the APM Group Limited, used under permission of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
This course is certified in association with the National Cyber Security Centre.
This course is for…
Data Protection Officers (DPO) and those requiring a more detailed knowledge to support organisational change and on-going compliance. Also suitable for risk managers, IT, human resources, legal and security specialists.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP).
- Evidence for CPD Credits.
Linked to several IISP skills groups, notably the Legislative Environment, Governance, Risk Management, Capability, and the practical aspects of preparation and on-going compliance. After completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the GDPR.
- Understand the key concepts and activities required to become GDPR compliant and implement change.
- Understand the relationship between GDPR governance, risk management and capability development.
A PDF of slides in a course manual and a copy of the GDPR is provided.
Exercises undertaken on the course to put operational context around the legislation. On completion a certificate is provided.
The practitioner course will include self-study and provide a number of practical and hands-on scenarios to apply knowledge and skills to. There is a formal, scenario based multiple choice, examination to achieve the certification and to support other professional accreditations and CPD.