Who Should Take This Course
Suitable for all staff to ensure consistent awareness of Data Protection, as part of either an induction or annual Training.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) & evidence for CPD Credits.
- Key components of GDPR
- Basic understanding of Data Protection principles and data subject’s rights
- How to identify potential data breachesData Protection Do’s and Don’ts.
Content covers the GDPR basics:
- Summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security
- Data protection terminology and the principles of data protection
- How to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights
- Who is a controller, controller obligations, data security, reporting breaches, processor obligations, cross-border data transfer and further information
Interactive modules and an assessment at the end are included. On successful completion a certificate is provided via pdf, which provides evidence of competence training. The course certificate expires 12 months from issue.