The EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) has been incorporated into British Law through the new Data Protection Act 2018 and has been enforced since the 25th of May, 2018.
All businesses handle personal data and must ensure that they are aware of the new rules and must examine the processes they currently have in place to ensure they continue to comply with the law.
This GDPR training course will outline your main responsibilities and help you to start making the necessary changes. The biggest changes under the GDPR are in relation to obtaining consent, the right to be forgotten and for some companies the need to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Who Should Take This Course
Suitable for all staff to ensure consistent awareness of Data Protection, as part of either an induction or annual Training.
- Developed by an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Externally assured by APMG International under the NCSC Certified Training Scheme.
- Accredited training via the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) & evidence for CPD Credits.
- Key components of GDPR
- Basic understanding of Data Protection principles and data subject’s rights
- How to identify potential data breachesData Protection Do’s and Don’ts.
Content covers the GDPR basics:
- Summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security
- Data protection terminology and the principles of data protection
- How to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights
- Who is a controller, controller obligations, data security, reporting breaches, processor obligations, cross-border data transfer and further information
Interactive modules and an assessment at the end are included. On successful completion a certificate is provided via pdf, which provides evidence of competence training. The course certificate expires 12 months from issue.